Submit your name and email address for the Hard Rock Hideout giveaway!
Only one entry per person, Please!
Here are my picks for the Top 5 Hard Rock and Heavy Metal CD’s of 2006.
1) Iron Maiden – A Matter of Life and Death – Just a Killer CD from Start to Finish.
2) Black Label Society – Shot To Hell- Zakk Wylde returns with another excellent CD.
3) Randy Piper’s Animal – Violent New Breed – Randy Piper puts out a killer W.A.S.P. like CD that kicks major ass.
4) Jorn – The Duke -Jorn Lande is an amazing vocalist who truly delivers with each new release. The Duke is no exception. Watch out for 2 new releases in January 2007 from Jorn.
5) Riot – Army of One - An excellentCD from Mark Reale and company. This is the kind of CD that will create new Riot fans.
1) Buck Cherry – 15 – Can anyone deny the infectious single Crazy Bitch? This is a great CD with very little filler. A great surprise in 2006.
2) Black Stone Cherry- What’s this another Cherry group? This CD has gotten a ton of play from me this year. I describe them as the Allman Brothers meets Metallica, or Lynyrd Skynyrd meets Alice In Chains. Whichever way you look at it, this is a killer CD that is easy to head bang to.
3) Warrant – Born Again – Another surprise in 2006 was Warran’t Born Again. This CD has amazing replay value, and recaptures the sound of Early Warrant, without Jani Lane. Great Stuff!
4) Krokus – Hellraiser -80’s Rock Made a Pretty good comeback in 2006, and Krokus put out a great CD that is easily one of the best they have ever done! This one is a must buy for all Hard Rock Fans.
5) Whitesnake – Live…..In the Shadow of the Blues – Whitesnake returns with a double live CD with 4 new Studio tracks with David Coverdale and company. The live tunes are great, and the new studio tracks are killer. Whitesnake is returning in June 2007 with a new studio disc, and will be another band to watch in ’07.
There was so much great music in 2006, it was really hard to choose a top 5 from each category. The CD’s listed above got the most spins from me in 2006, and I enjoyed these the most by far.
Ok…so its Aluminum. LOL.