Guns ‘N Roses – The Spaghetti Incident? (Released-1993)
Spaghetti Incident? was only meant to be a stop gap in between records, not the swan song it became.
The music on this disc is outstanding, and some of the songs are so obscure, it is hard to tell they were cover tunes. The thing I immediately noticed on this disc was the huge guitar sound Slash has on it, and how big the production is. There are several instances where Duff McKagan takes over on lead vocals (New Rose, Raw Power, Attitude and You Can’t Put Your Arms Around A Memory)
I prefer the songs sang by Axl on this disc though. Some of the stand outs include Human Being, Ain’t it Fun, Black Leather, and as much as I hate to admit it, Hair of the Dog.
Since I Don’t Have You
You Can’t Put Your Arms Around A Memory
Ain’t It Fun
Spaghetti Incident? is still worth picking up today. It isn’t the best Guns ‘N Roses disc out there, but it does have quite a few quality tracks that are still worth discovering.
Rating: Out of 10
1. Since I Don’t Have You (The Skyliners)
2. New Rose (The Damned)
3. Down on the Farm (UK Subs)
4. Human Being (The New York Dolls)
5. Raw Power (The Stooges)
6. Ain’t It Fun (The Dead Boys)
7. Buick Makane/Big Dumb Sex medley (Buick Makane – T. Rex, Big Dumb Sex – Soundgarden)
8. Hair of the Dog (Nazareth)
9. Attitude (The Misfits)
10. Black Leather (The Professionals)
11. You Can’t Put Your Arms Around a Memory (Johnny Thunders)
12. I Don’t Care About You (Fear)
Hidden track: Look At Your Game Girl (Charles Manson)