2007 has been one of the best years in rock that I can remember in a long time. Lots of great music, and even more fantastic live experiences.
If 2008 can come close to matching the excitement of 2007, it will be a great year!
I hope you all have a very Happy Rockin’ New Year!!
Thank You for coming to HardRockHideout.com to get your rock fix in 2007!
2007 is now gone, and as a whole, I thought it was a pretty good year for Hard Rock. There were plenty of strong releases in 2007, and 2008 looks to be stronger than ever.
The following bands are expected to release CD’s in 2008.
- Airbourne (U.S. release of Running Wild)
- Alice Cooper
- Asphalt Valentine
- Avantasia – Scarecrow (Metal Opera from Edguy’s Tobias Sammet)
- Benedictum – Seasons of Tragedy
- Big Cock – Motherload
- The Black Crowes – Warpaint
- Black Stone Cherry
- Black Tide – Light from Above (new band, 80′s style metal)(Feb 2008)
- Brainstorm – Downburst
- Brother Firetribe – Heart Full of Fire
- Bullet Boys
- Bullet For My Valentine
- Broken Teeth – Electric
- Danger Danger
- Dokken – Lightning Strikes Again (April 2008)
- Def Leppard – Sparkle Lounge
- Frehley, Ace
- Gamma Ray – Land of the Free II
- Gypsy Pistoleros – Para Siempre
- Gypsy Rose
- Hatchet (Thrash Metal)
- Headrush – Just Bring It On
- Heaven and Hell
- Iced Earth
- Jon Oliva’s Pain – Global Warning (April 2008)
- Judas Priest
- The Law – Distorted Anthems from the Suburbs (Thrash Metal from Sweden)
- Mob Rules
- Pure Inc. (Great new metal from Switzerland)
- Rhino Bucket
- Royal Hunt – Collision Course: Paradox II
- Saint Daemon
- Seven Tears
- Soto, Jeff Scott
- Tank Buster Jack – (New Rock from Germany)
- Testament – The Formation of Damnation (April 2008)
- Tiles – Fly Paper
- Valient Thorr
- White Lion – Return of the Pride
- Whitesnake – Bad to be Good
- X-Sinner – A World Covered In Blood
There are also a ton of music that is getting re-released in 2008, such as early releases by Lillian Axe, Baton Rouge, Sleaze Beez and more.
2008 is going to rock!!
Check out the new video, Diamond in the Rough, by Australia’s, and Airbourne!!
North Carolina’s Parmalee, have a posted a new song, The Good Die Young, co written by Motley Crue’s Nikki Sixx.
Stop by the band’s myspace page to listen to the new song!