Saxon and Iced Earth To Co-Headline in 2009!
Titans among themselves: 1 February 2009 will see the launch of a four-week tour by the two metal legends, Saxon and Iced Earth, in Paris. This sensational co-headlining package is certainly among the strongest of recent years and will take the two bands through countries such as France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Austria, Hungary and Italy. Fans can look forward to dynamic power metal at its very best, especially since both groups will also present thoroughly exciting new releases to accompany the tour. Tickets for the concerts are available from ticketing agencies.
Saxon are considered one of the most charismatic acts of today’s metal business. Their latest album release, Into The Labyrinth, out on 12 January 2009 (Germany: 9 January 2009, U.S.: 13 January) via Steamhammer/SPV proves that Saxon mark 2009 haven’t lost any of their expressiveness, enthusiasm and inspiration. Along with numerous classics, vocalist Biff Byford & Co. will present the strongest tracks from their new album during the tour, expertly combining present and past.
For Iced Earth, this will be the first full European tour since the return of frontman, Matt Barlow. “I am pleased Matt is back,” explains guitarist and songwriter Jon Schaffer. “We are brothers with a long, meaningful relationship behind us” The band will present songs from their current album, The Crucible Of Man, and for spring Schaffer has also announced the release of a new DVD.
- 2/01 F-Paris – Bataclan
- 2/02 B-Brussels – AB
- 2/03 NL-Tilburg – 013
- 2/04 D-Cologne – Essigfabrik
- 2/06 LUX-Luxembourg – Den Atelier
- 2/07 D-Herford – X
- 2/08 D-Hamburg – Docks
- 2/10 NO-Oslo – Rockefeller
- 2/11 SE-Stockholm – Annex
- 2/12 DK-Copenhagen – Pumpehuset
- 2/13 D-Berlin – Huxleys
- 2/15 PL-Warsaw – Spodac
- 2/16 CZ-Zlin – tba
- 2/17 A-Vienna – Gasometer
- 2/19 HU-Budapest – Petofi Hall
- 2/20 SI-Ljubljana – Mediapark
- 2/21 HR-Zagreb – Boogaloo
- 2/22 I-Milan – Rolling Stone
- 2/24 CH-Zurich – Volkshaus
- 2/25 F-Strassbourg – La Laiterie
- 2/27 E-Bilbao – Rockstar Live
- 2/28 E-Madrid – La Riviera
- 3/01 E-Barcelona – Razzmatazz
Courtesy of KNAC.