AEROSMITH & GUITAR HERO®: AEROSMITH® OFFER FANS THE CHANCE TO BE THE OPENING ACT ON SUMMER TOUR
WINNERS TO PERFORM ON STAGE BEFORE AEROSMITH AND THEIR SPECIAL GUESTS
So you wanna be a rock superstar?
Well, rock superstardom is now within your grasp courtesy of AEROSMITH and Guitar Hero®: Aerosmith®. In groundbreaking fashion, America’s Greatest Rock ‘N Roll Band and the mega-popular video game franchise are giving fans the chance to be the OPENING ACT for the massive Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Presents Aerosmith tour with special guests ZZ Top. The tour–for which tickets are available now at www.livenation.com– kicks off June 10 in St. Louis, with ZZ Top joining the tour on June 21. The catch? Fans simply have to prove their mettle on Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.
In each city the tour hits, two victorious fret-burners will perform before ZZ Top (or the support acts for the dates where ZZ Top aren’t performing), playing Guitar Hero: Aerosmith on stage in front of massive audiences. One grand prize winner will be chosen from AEROSMITH’s YouTube channel online and others will be chosen from participating radio stations. However, AEROSMITH are offering the victors way more than just rock immortality for a night.
Winners also receive two tickets to the show, a Guitar Hero: Aerosmith prize package and a personal pre-show congratulatory meet-and-greet with none other than AEROSMITH’s STEVEN TYLER (vocals) and JOE PERRY (guitar). That’s for the winners, not their guests, since the backstage area can only accommodate winners and fellow rock stars.
Further solidifying the winner’s status as a living room rock god, each opening set will be filmed and featured on Aeroforceone.com and the AEROSMITH YouTube channel. Now that’s something to post on your friends’ Facebook walls.
The contest will be showcased on social media sites including MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, iLike and official websites such as Aerosmith.com and Aeroforceone.com; and Guitar Hero web sites including GuitarHero.com and Guitar Hero’s Facebook group.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to shred the stage before AEROSMITH and ZZ Top light up their strings, here’s how to enter:
1) Create a video either ripping some serious air guitar using the Guitar Hero controller OR shredding a wicked session of Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.
2) Upload video to YouTube. IMPORTANT: EACH VIDEO ENTRY MUST BE CLEARLY TAGGED AS FOLLOWS: “AerosmithOpeningAct” (one word, no spaces) and another tag with the city you want to win (i.e. “Mansfield”). So your two tags would be: “AerosmithOpeningAct” and “Mansfield.” (Use the city name listed under the “Location” column on the Aero Force One tour page (http://www.aeroforceone.com/index.cfm?pk=viewall&cd=MA2).
3) Subscribe to Aerosmith’s Official YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com/theofficialaerosmith. We’ll update the contest videos on a weekly basis, so make sure to see your entry posted after a week. If it’s not there, double check that you tagged it correctly. If you entered everything correctly, email email@example.com with a link to your YouTube video contest entry, the city you hope to win, your first and last name and your email address.
4) AF1 will pick a winner in each city. Hint: To get your video noticed make sure your vid is crazy, cool, rockin’, funny, creative, insane or all of the above—within the letter of the law, of course.
5) Winners will be informed on a rolling basis two weeks before each show. Even if you’re not a grand prize winner, there are some fantastic runner-up prizes. There will be other winners based on videos with the most ratings, comments or creativity. Guitar Hero game packs and pairs of tickets to the shows, will be available Runners Up prizes.
6) Make sure you stay in touch with all the contest news—sign up for AeroForceOne’s official email newsletter (www.aeroforceone.com) and follow AF1 on Twitter (www.twitter.com/aeroforceone) to stay up on the leaders!
Becoming a rock star has never been this easy. There’s no touring required, no sleeping on floors, no bad catering, no bus boredom and no awkward interviews, just you and a packed amphitheatre filled to the brim with screaming fans. All you have to do is shred to some of Aerosmith’s greatest hits in Guitar Hero: Aerosmith in order to gain the golden backstage pass.
If you don’t win the Opening Act contest, there’s still a way to get on the same stage as Aerosmith. Aero Force One (AF1), the band’s official fan club, offers exclusive VIP packages for every show on the band’s massive summer tour. With the “Ultra Sweet Spot,” take a guided backstage tour to meet the cast and crew in charge of Aerosmith’s legendary live productions. Stand on stage in the same spot where Steven, Joe, Tom, Brad and Joey will play to thousands of screaming fans and rock the rafters mere hours later. Hang out at a pre-show party where Joey Kramer will make a special appearance and share up-close and personal “Joey Kramer” and of course Aerosmith stories. From your seats in the first 10 rows you’ll get close enough to see legendary guitarists at work – watch Brad Whitford and Joe Perry’s fingers fly on every note in Aerosmith’s blistering set list. AF1 offers a range of VIP packages, each tailored to the ultimate Aerosmith fan experience. (With “Wheels Up,” you can meet Steven and Joe!). If you just want to get to the show, AF1 offers tickets-only with “Premium Tickets” – and throws in some killer merchandise just for being a fan club member. Visit AeroForceOne.com for details.
Now you’ve got two ways to visit rock superstardom for that once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Good luck!
AEROSMITH–STEVEN TYLER (vocals), JOE PERRY (guitar), BRAD WHITFORD (guitar), TOM HAMILTON (bass) and JOEY KRAMER (drums)–made history last year when Activision released Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, marking the first music-based game built around the legendary music of Aerosmith. The groundbreaking partnership united “America’s greatest hard rock act” (as described by Mojo editor Phil Alexander in a May ’07 cover story) with the massively successful videogame franchise; sales exploded and broke records, with AEROSMITH reaching another generation of fans.
Click here for official contest terms & conditions. (http://www.aeroforceone.com/index.cfm?pid=10808&Live=yes)