I can’t lie. I’m a sucker for lists and surveys. When friends send those stupid email questionnaires, I’m always the first to respond. It’s really hard for me to resist all the stupid surveys on Facebook. So when trying to decide what to write for Rock Whiplash, I decided to create my own little survey of sorts. It’s short and sweet and to the point: What are your top 5 favorite songs of all time?
Why favorite songs? Because I’m pretty sure I did a list of the top 10 most influential albums. Why just 5? I don’t know…because I just felt like making it difficult. I know I could list WAY more than 5. So without further ado, here is the list of my top 5 most favorite songs of all time.
1. Kashmir – As far as I’m concerned, this is the greatest rock song ever written by one of the greatest rock bands to ever exist, Led Zeppelin. The song is big, full, rich and kick ass. This song is just f-ing amazing. It’s rock & roll at it’s finest.
2. Home Sweet Home – Did you really think I’d get through a musical list of any kind without including Motley Crue? Not a chance. Although many would argue that Motley Crue has many songs that are better, this is the song that is closest to my heart. It reminds me of childhood and running home from school every day to watch the video on MTV. To this day, I get all girly and teary eyed whenever I hear it live.
3. Stranglehold – In my opinion, it may be Ted Nugent’s greatest song. The guitar is SO f-ing incredible and memorable. This song just oozes sex from beginning to end. From the sound to the tempo…it just makes me want to get it on. Was that too much information? Sorry. What can I say? Guys watch porn and I listen to Stranglehold.
4. Don’t Cry – A Guns N’ Roses masterpiece. Although Welcome to the Jungle put the boys on the map and is probably the most recognizable of all their songs, Don’t Cry is my favorite. It’s pure genius and it’s beautiful.
5. I Want You to Want Me – I know, I know. It’s cheesy and it’s most likely every girl’s favorite song. But I can’t help but bounce around and sing along when it comes on the radio. It just makes me happy.
So go ahead and list’em folks! I want to know what your all time favorite songs are. After you share your list, go on over to my blog and read my interview with the lovely Ms. Lita Ford.