Cult NWOBHM legends STAMPEDE have announced that they are to support Californian rockers Y&T this autumn on the UK leg of their ‘On With the Show’ tour, as part of their 2011 schedule.
The announcement comes after what has already been a busy comeback year for the British hard rockers whose lineup still boasts original songwriting duo Reuben and Laurence Archer and bassist Colin Bond. The band will be touring in support of their new studio album ‘A Sudden Impulse’ which was released in May on Rock Candy Records to critical acclaim, having already played a successful comeback show at The Peel in Kingston and supported legendary metallers Anvil in London earlier this summer.
Stampede are set to kick off their tour in Newcastle on 30th September, and have confirmed they will play 5 dates across the UK with Y&T before finishing with an appearance at the Hard Rock Hell IV Festival in Prestatyn, Wales.
They are also in the process of writing new material for another new studio album scheduled for 2012.
Tour dates are as follows:
- September 30 – o2 Academy, Newcastle (w/ Y&T)
- October 2 – Academy 3, Manchester (w/Y&T)
- October 11 – The Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton (w/ Y&T)
- October 12 – The Brook, Southampton (w/ Y&T)
- October 14 – The Garage, London (w/Y&T)
- December 3 – Hard Rock Hell V, Prestatyn, Wales