Airbourne have released a new lyric video for their song “No One Fits”. Check it out below! Airbourne’s latest CD Black Dog Barking is available now!
Chicago rockers The Last Vegas are back with another eye-catching music video for the song “She’s My Confusion” off the band’s fourth full-length album, Bad Decisions, released last fall through FrostByte Media. The video is produced and directed by the Chicago-based video production company Motion Source Video Solutions, the same team responsible for the “Evil Eyes” music video. Click to watch “She’s My Confusion” below.
The video is based on a well-known Chicago area ghost story named Resurrection Mary that’s been around since the ’30s. The young woman, Mary, had spent the evening dancing at the Oh Henry Ballroom (now the Willowbrook) with a boyfriend. Following an argument that evening Mary stormed out into the cold winter’s night, leaving the ballroom behind and walked along Archer Avenue. Not long after, she was struck and killed by a hit-and-run driver who fled the scene leaving her to die. The story survives through the many men who claim picking up a young female hitchhiker along Archer Avenue between the Willowbrook Ballroom (which is the locale for the video) and Resurrection Cemetery. When reaching the cemetery, the young woman is let out only to disappear into the cemetery.
“The Willowbrook Ballroom is a Chicago musical institution; one bad-ass, old-school place which drips of mystery, intrigue and aura. What better place to film an unconventional rock video for ‘She’s My Confusion?’ We stepped back in time and addressed whether those noises we hear in the night are real, or just a dream?” – Adam Arling
TLV are a straight-up rock n’ roll meets garage/punk rock band that turn any event into a raucous. Hailing from Chicago and formed in 2005, TLV burst onto the national scene in 2009 when Motley’s Crue’s Nikki Sixx saw them play live in Los Angeles and subsequently co-produced their third album, Whatever Gets You Off. More touring followed, including a stint opening Motley Crue’s “Saints Of Los Angeles” tour. The Onion referred to their sound as “Swaggering, stomping, balls-out guitar rock”, while The Chicago Sun-Times declared them to be “Red hot garage-rockers.” The Last Vegas is: Chad Cherry (vocals), Adam Arling (guitars), Danny Smash (bass), Nate Arling (drums) and Johnny Wator (guitars).
TLV are in studio this month laying down tracks for their fifth full-length album, title yet to be determined, working with the great Roy Z (Judas Priest, Bruce Dickinson, Sepultura) and immediately following up with a North American tour and then a European tour supporting Buckcherry and Hardcore Superstar, but they’re not doing any of that alone. Partnering with fans through PledgeMusic, TLV are offering up a variety of great exclusive opportunities like a studio hang, an acoustic performance/backyard BBQ and more!
For more details on specific dates and chances to win, visit TheLastVegas.com! Remaining tour dates listed below.
North American Tour:
- Jul 4 in Queretaro, Mexico at the Black Dog
- Jul 5 in Puebla, Mexico at Pulque For Two
- Jul 6 in Mexico City, Mexico at Jose Cuervo Salon w/ Mötley Crüe’s Vince Neil
- Jul 18 in Chesaning, Michigan at Chesaning Showboat Music Festival w/ Theory of a Deadman
- Jul 19 in Pecatonica, Illinois at Breast Fest w/ Pop Evil, NonPoint, Wayland, SOIL
- Jul 20 in Kenosha, Wisconsin at Brat Stop w/ Sevendust
- Aug 17 in Chicago, Illinois at Glenwood Ave. Arts Fest
- Aug 24 in Hillsdale, Michigan @ Checker Records Street Dance
- Aug 30 in Burnsville, Minnesota @ High Five
- Aug 31 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin @ BMO Harris Pavilion w/ Halestorm
- Nov 8 in Cologne, Germany @ Essigfabrik w/ Buckcherry
- Nov 9 in Berlin, Germany @ Columbia Club w/ Buckcherry
- Nov 10 in Vienna, Austria @ Szene Wien w/ Buckcherry
- Nov 12 in Munich, Germany @ Backstage Halle w/ Buckcherry
- Nov 13 in Zürich, Switzerland @ Plaza w/ Buckcherry
- Nov 15 in Roncade TV, Italy @ New Age Club
- Nov 16 in Bologna, Italy @ Estragon w/ Buckcherry
- Nov 17 in Milan, Italy @ Alcatraz w/ Buckcherry
- Nov 19 in Aschaffenburg, Germany @ Colo-Saal w/ Buckcherry
- Nov 20 in Vauréal, France @ Le Forum w/ Buckcherry
- Nov 22 in London, United Kingdom @ Koko w/ Buckcherry
- Nov 23 in Coventry, United Kingdom @ Kasbah w/ Buckcherry
- Nov 25 in Manchester, United Kingdom @ The Ritz w/ Buckcherry
- Nov 26 in Glasgow, United Kingdom @ ABC w/ Buckcherry
- Nov 27 in Belfast, United Kingdom @ The Limelight 2 w/ Buckcherry
- Nov 29 in Dublin, Ireland @ Button Factory w/ Buckcherry
- Nov 30 in Nottingham, United Kingdom @ Rock City w/ Buckcherry
- Dec 2 in Bristol, United Kingdom @ O2 Academy Bristol w/ Buckcherry
- Dec 3 in Cardiff, United Kingdom @ Solus w/ Buckcherry
- Dec 4 in Exeter, United Kingdom @ Lemon Grove w/ Buckcherry
- Dec 6 in Vosselaar, Belgium @ Biebob w/ Buckcherry
- Dec 7 in Amsterdam, Netherlands @ Melkweg w/ Buckcherry
- Dec 8 in Hamburg, Germany @ Markthalle w/ Buckcherry
When I first heard the name Stardog Champion, I immediately thought of the Mother Love Bone song from the 90’s (what a great song!) I can assure you that Stardog Champion has nothing to do with Mother Love Bone, but they are a cool new band worth checking out.
Stardog Champion is the new band with singer Nick Coyle (from Lifer), and guitarist Aaron Fink, bassist Mark James (both originally from Breaking Benjamin). Their new EP Exhale offers up five rockin’ tracks that will likely get a lot of radio play. The first single “When We Fall” was my first introduction to the band, and I took to that song immediately. “When We Fall” is a little heavier that the rest of the songs on Exhale, but if the five songs on this EP are any indication as to the direction of Stardog Champion, this band will have a long and prosperous career.
Stardog Champion’s music leans more towards the alt rock side of the fence, but there are some definite harder rocking moments. If you like bands like Papa Roach, & Shinedown, I think you will enjoy Stardog Champion too. Check them out!
Rating: Out of 10
2. Nothing To Lose
3. When We Fall
4. House of Cards
5. The Switch
Stardog Champion is:
Nick Coyle – Vocals
Aaron Fink – Guitar
Mark James – Bass
Josh Karis – Drums