STEVE STEVENS OF BILLY IDOL JOINS 2ND ANNUAL ROCK AGAINST MS BENEFIT CONCERT WEDNESDAY MARCH 26TH @ THE WHISKY A GO-GO
GUITAR PLAYER MAGAZINE PRESENTS LITA FORD WITH THE
“CERTIFIED LEGEND AWARD”
MONSTER ENERGY DRINK & THE WHISKY A GO-GO PRESENTS:
2ND ANNUAL ROCK AGAINST MS ALL-STAR BENEFIT CONCERT
AT THE WHISKY A GO-GO WEDNESDAY, MARCH 26TH
FEATURING: STEVE STEVENS (BILLY IDOL), LITA FORD, CHERIE CURRIE, KENNY ARONOFF,
GILBY CLARKE, JAMES LOMENZO, GRETCHEN BONADUCE, JACK RUSSELL’S GREAT WHITE, PHIL BUCKMAN, AUGUST ZADRA, BOBBY ROCK, MARTY O”BRIEN, MITCH PERRY, ERIK ELDENIUS, JOE RETTA, PETTY CASH (Members of THE OFFSPRING, FILTER, JULIETTE LEWIS & THE LICKS) & MORE!!
MANY MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED IN THE COMING WEEKS!!
2ND ANNUAL ROCK AGAINST MS returns to the Whisky A Go-Go in Hollywood with yet another amazing All-Star line up. The 2nd Annual has the Rock Stars returning in support of long time friend and publicist, Nancy B. Sayle. This rock-fueled concert is to help raise awareness and funding for Sayle and her new foundation benefiting those living with MS.
Guitar Player Magazine is in the house to present Lita Ford their top award – Inspired by Chet Atkins’ phrase “Certified Guitar Player”—and typically bestowed at NAMM during Muriel Anderson’s All-Star Guitar Night—this award debuted in 2003 with Les Paul as the first recipient. Since then, GP has honored Duane Eddy, Nokie Edwards, Dick Dale, Larry Carlton, Tommy Emmanuel, Mike Stern, Lee Ritenour, Robben Ford, Joe Perry, and others. “Lita Ford slugged it out with the boys club in an era where female musicians who liked to rock hard had very few heroes,” says GUITAR PLAYER Editor in Chief Michael Molenda. “But Lita was there, and man, did she cut a heroic figure. She was tough. She was smart. She could write a good song. And she could shred. Stinging bends. Fierce vibrato. A great sense of melody and phrasing. Since the Runaways in the late 1970s, and throughout her solo career, Lita has been a beacon of cool, and an inspiration for girls AND boys who want to express themselves through the guitar. She is the definition of a Certified Legend.”
In its finishing stages, the ROCK AGAINST MS FOUNDATION will provide services from a three (3) grant resource system, which will provide daily care, quality of life needs and emergency funding, while assisting people with multiple sclerosis (MS) to live independent and full lives. Additionally, a brick and mortar facility we will call THE ROCK HOUSE is in the planning stages, and will provide free of charge, multiple programs and opportunities designed to heal the mind, body and spirit of all those whose lives have been affected by MS.
WHEN: Wednesday, March 26th 2014
WHERE: CONCERT / VIP MEET & GREET
The Whisky A Go-Go
8901 W. Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069
VIP Meet & Greet: 6:00 PM
Show Starts at 8PM
- GENERAL ADMISSION – $35
- FLOOR – W/ PRE-SHOW MEET & GREET AT 6PM – $100
- BALCONY – VIP MEET & GREET – $150
- VIP – RESERVED BOOTH FOR 4 PPL W/ MEET & GREET – $500
- VIP – RESERVED BOOTH FOR 8 PPL W/ MEET & GREET – $1,000
PURCHASE: BUY TICKETS HERE: http://ticketf.ly/1mf2eJl
SPONSORS: 95.5 KLOS, GUITAR CENTER, MONSTER ENERGY DRINK, SCHECTER GUITARS, D’ADDARIO, EVANS, SIR, PRO MARK, WHISKY A GO-GO, RAINBOW BAR & GRILL
About Multiple Sclerosis
- Every hour in the United States, someone is newly diagnosed with MS, an unpredictable, often disabling disease of the central nervous system.
- MS interrupts the flow of information from the brain to the body and stops people from moving.
- Symptoms range from numbness and tingling to blindness and paralysis. The advancement, severity and specific symptoms of MS in any one person cannot yet be predicted, but advances in research and treatment are moving us closer to a world free of MS.
- Most people with MS are diagnosed between the ages of 20 and 50, with more than twice as many women as men being diagnosed with the disease.
- MS affects more than 400,000 people in the U.S. and 2.1 million worldwide.
For more information go to www.facebook.com/rockagainstMSfoundation