Veteran British all-female hard rock band GIRLSCHOOL will release its 30th-anniversary album, “Legacy”, on October 24 in Germany, October 27 in Europe and November 4 in the USA via Wacken Records/SPV. The CD will feature a plethora of special guests, including Tony Iommi (BLACK SABBATH), Ronnie James Dio (BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW, DIO), Lemmy and Phil Campbell from MOTÖRHEAD, “Fast” Eddie Clarke (FASTWAY, ex-MOTÖRHEAD) and a couple of members of TWISTED SISTER. Even the group’s original guitarist Kelly Johnson, who died last year, can be heard on the opener “Everything ‘s The Same” with a special ghost appearance!
“Legacy” (see artwork below) track listing:
01. Everything’s The Same (feat. Kelly Johnson on percussion – her ashes)
02. From The Other Side
03. I Spy (Girlschool Mix)
04. Spend Spend Spend (feat. J.J. French guitar solo)
05. Whole New World (feat. Neil Murray – bass, Phil Campbell – lead guitar)
06. Just Another Day (feat. Phil Campbell – guitar solo)
07. Legend (feat. Neil Murray – bass)
08. Still Waters
09. Metropolis (MOTÖRHEAD cover) (feat. Fast Eddie Clarke – guitar solo)
10. Don’t Mess Around (feat. Eddie Ojeda – guitar solo)
12. Don’t Talk To Me (feat. Lemmy on bass, vocals and triangle)
13. I Spy (Dio/Iommi Mix) (feat. Ronnie James Dio on vocals, Tony Iommi on lead guitar)
Article courtesy of Blabbermouth
Fastway is the band started up by former Motorhead guitarist “Fast” Eddie Clark and ex-UFO bass player Pete Way.
I used to like Fastway fairly well, but it has been a long time since I have given their self titled debut any plays. I thought I would dust the cobwebs off this disc, and see what I think about it in 2008.
There are two must play songs on this disc, Easy Livin’ and Say What you Will. Say What You Will is easily Fastway’s biggest hit. This hard rock anthem was a staple on the radio for many years, and is still favorite of mine.
Digging deeper into this record, and you can easily hear the influence of Led Zeppelin in the music. There are several heavy tunes with that same style of Zeppelinesque groove.
While the music isn’t very original, it is a very good piece of 80′s metal.
Dave King has a very unique voice which is well suited to the music. “Fast” Eddie Clark plays some wicked guitar riffs all over this album. Pete Way’s heavy bass on this record is unmistakable.
Some additional tracks that I like on this disc are Feel Me, Touch Me, Heft!, and Give It All You Got.
This isn’t a perfect album by any means, but still deserves a few spins from time to time. It is a solid disc and is one that I still think is worth having in my collection. You can check out the video for the tune, Say What You Will below!
Rating:Out of 10
1. Easy Livin’
2. Feel Me, Touch Me (Do Anything You Want)
3. All I Need Is Your Love
4. Another Day
6. We Become One
7. Give It All You Got
8. Say What You Will
9. You Got Me Runnin’
10. Give It Some Action
11. Far Far From Home
Fast Eddie Clark – Guitars
Dave King – Vocals
Pete Way – Bass (uncredited)
Jerry Shirley – Drums