1. YOU COULD BE THE ONE – Melodic hard rock track with an up tempo beat through out entire song. Big chorus harmonies and screaming solo reminiscent of Y&T and Night Ranger, the lyrics talk about not giving up and believing in oneself.
2. FOUR LETTER WORD – Melodic hard rocking track with an alluring verse and a very addictive chorus. The song blends a feel of Def Leppard, AC/DC & Bon Jovi. This song sends the message of not wanting to get burned again in another love relationship!
3. MAN OR MACHINE – Heavy hard rocking track with a darker melodic style. Powerful guitars and feel of KISS & Power Man 5000. The songs lyrics talk about the struggles between humanity vs technology!
4. FEEL MY LOVE – Another melodic rock song with it’s catchy arrangement and melody line ala Foreigner, Whitesnake it features a melodic 3-part harmony chorus that delivers big time. This song is about finally meeting the woman of your dreams and sharing all your pleasures!
5. CLOSE YOUR EYE’S – Melodic power rock ballad with acoustic guitar verse, and an explosive chorus, along with emotional Bon Jovi – esque lead vocal and a blazing guitar solo, makes this standout song a key fit for a soundtrack placement. This song is about two strangers who find each other on a cold and lonely night!
6. SINISTER MAN - Melodic hard rock track with a heavier feel of raw guitars and gritty vocals, sounds somewhere between the Scorpions, Metallica, & Alice Cooper, with an eerie verse and a strong powerful chorus delivery. This song tells the story about a man who lives his life the way he chooses, good and bad!
7. HARD HABIT TO BREAK – Melodic rock track that blast you from the beginning with a sax laden melodic riff reminiscent of Foreigner’s “Urgent,” sets up moody sung verses with big harmony choruses. This tracks lyric has a tantalizing allure effect. that
8. NOBODY KNOWS (BALLAD OF ANDY & GLORY) - Melodic hard rocker with a straight ahead powerful feel ala Dokken & Judas Priest has this track rocking up a storm. The lyrics tell a true story about a menacing killer that takes the life of two friends, and ends in a tragedy!
9. BONA FIDE – Melodic hard rocker in the vein of the Scorpions, this track has a powerful punch and is perfect for live performance. Here’s a song with a lyrical message of man’s oldest primal crave, lust!
11. I’M NOT LONELY – A powerful melodic rock track with a slower tempo verse and choruses, the songs climactic finish kicks into double time tempo with an arena style blazing ending. The songs lyric’s cover the message of a relationship gone wrong and how one moves on!
12. TROUBLE – A fast tempo hard rock track complete with duelling lead vocals, big chant chorus back-ups, and guitars for days. The drums are like a finely tuned machine with the strength of a hurricane. This songs lyric is about the ultimate rebel, and how he lives his life!
Frontiers Records is excited to announce the release of SILENT RAGE’s highly anticipated fourth studio album “Four Letter Word” on July 4th 2008.
Silent Rage is known for their multi-captivating vocals, the unmistakeable blend of Melodic and Hard Rock and signature songwriting reminiscing of the glorydays of 80’s Arena Hard Rock. “I think our sound can be described as Classic Arena Style Hard Rock” says singer and guitarist Jesse Damon “that’s what we’re considered in Europe!” “
“Four Letter Word” is another fine example in the tradition of the band’s classic production. “We had a great time staying within the natural progression of our 1989 release “Don’t Touch Me There” & mixing in the sounds of modern hard rock” continues Damon, “all of the tracks, whether lighthearted or serious in nature, have deep meaning to the band members. There’s no hidden agenda, just melodic-hard-rock with contemporary production, written from the heart & soul of four veteran rockers”.
Silent Rage’s new album was produced by former Guns’N Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke who is also credited on the album for his contribution on guitar, keyboards and percussion. “Gilby is a long time friend of the band”, tells Jesse “We were first acquainted with him back in the 1980′s when he was playing with his band, “Candy”. Both bands were performing on the Sunset Strip in Hollywood. Then, Silent Rage’s first tour manager (Bill Greer) went on to work with Gilby in Guns’N Roses and we got to see his rise to fame. Our association with him became very close when our bassist, EJ Curse began riding motorcycles with him on a regular basis. EJ went on to play bass for a few of Gilby’s concerts. SR heard the CD of “The Bronx” that Clarke produced & loved it. It was great to work with someone that we had such a long kinship with”.
Another very special guest is RATT’s Bobby Blotzer on drums and former KISS guitarist Bruce Kulick, who plays a guest solo on “Man or Machine”. “We met Bruce while working with Gene Simmons on the “Don’t Touch Me There” CD” explains Damon, “Bruce co-wrote one of the songs for that disc. Kulick has always been in our circle of friends & a supporter of Silent Rage. We always admired his guitar virtuosity plus, he’s a great guy. Knowing he lived nearby our recording studio, we had to ask him to do a jam on the CD. We thought it fitting to have him perform on “Man or Machine” since originally, that song was an idea that Gene Simmons & I started a few years back”.
Silent Rage is very proud of the new CD “Four Letter Word” and look forward to present it live in Europe during the summer. A string of concerts has been already set in Europe and more are going to be announced shortly.
“Four Letter Word” tracklisting includes:You Could Be The One; Four Letter Word; Man Or Machine; Feel My Love; Close Your Eyes; Sinister Man; Hard Habit To Break; Nobody Knows (Ballad of Andy & Glory); Bona Fide; I’m Not Lonely; Trouble.
Get ready for a raw, rock explosion for melodic hard rock fans, new and old, on July 4th!