Wed 06/27/07 Cincinnati, OH Riverbend Music Center
Fri 06/29/07 Milwaukee, WI Summerfest
Sat 06/30/07 Tinley Park, IL First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
Tue 07/03/07 Bonner Springs, KS Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Wed 07/04/07 Maryland Heights, MO Verizon Wireless Amph. St. Louis
Fri 07/06/07 Noblesville, IN Verizon Wireless Music Center
Sat 07/07/07 Burgettstown, PA Post-Gazette Pavilion
Sun 07/08/07 Columbus, OH Germain Amphitheater
Wed 07/11/07 Walker, MN Moondance Jam
Fri 07/13/07 Cuyahoga Falls, OH Blossom Music Center
Sat 07/14/07 Camden, NJ Tweeter Center At The Waterfront
Mon 07/16/07 Toronto, ON The Molson Amphitheatre
Tue 07/17/07 Montreal, QC Bell Centre
Thu 07/19/07 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun
Sat 07/21/07 Sarnia, ON Sarnia Bayfest
appearing with “Mountain Rock Music Festival”
Sun 07/22/07 Farwell, MI Mountain Rock Music Festival
Tue 07/24/07 Clarkston, MI DTE Energy Music Theatre
Thu 07/26/07 Minot, ND North Dakota St. Fair
appearing with “Cheyenne Frontier Days”
Sat 07/28/07 Cheyenne, WY Frontier Park
Sat 08/11/07 Mansfield, MA Tweeter Center
Sun 08/12/07 Hershey, PA Hersheypark Amphitheatre
Tue 08/14/07 Wantagh, NY Nikon At Jones Beach Theater
Wed 08/15/07 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center
Fri 08/17/07 Bristow, VA Nissan Pavilion
Sat 08/18/07 Virginia Beach, VA Verizon Wireless Virginia Beach
Tue 08/21/07 Raleigh, NC Walnut Creek Amphitheatre
Wed 08/22/07 Charlotte, NC Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Fri 08/24/07 Tampa, FL Ford Amphitheatre @ State Fairgrds.
Sat 08/25/07 Atlanta, GA HiFi Buys Amphitheatre
Sun 08/26/07 Louisville, KY Kentucky State Fair
Wed 08/29/07 Selma, TX Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Fri 08/31/07 The Woodlands, TX The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Sat 09/01/07 Dallas, TX Smirnoff Music Centre
Mon 09/03/07 Saint Paul, MN Minnesota State Fair
Wed 09/05/07 Oklahoma City, OK Oklahoma City Zoo Amphitheatre
Fri 09/07/07 West Valley City, UT USANA Amphitheatre
Sat 09/08/07 Grand Junction, CO Rock Jam
Sun 09/09/07 Englewood, CO Coors Amphitheatre
Wed 09/12/07 Ridgefield, WA The Amphitheater At Clark County
Fri 09/14/07 Marysville, CA Sleep Train Amphitheatre
Sat 09/15/07 Kelseyville, CA Konocti Harbor Resort & Spa
Sun 09/16/07 Reno, NV Reno Events Center
Tue 09/18/07 Concord, CA Sleep Train Pavilion At Concord
Thu 09/20/07 Phoenix, AZ Cricket Pavilion
Sat 09/22/07 Las Vegas, NV Mandalay Bay Events Center
Sun 09/23/07 Irvine, CA Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Wed 09/26/07 Auburn, WA White River Amphitheatre
Thu 09/27/07 Vancouver, BC General Motors Place
Sat 09/29/07 Calgary, AB Pengrowth Saddledome
Sun 09/30/07 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
Phoenix International Raceway President Bryan R. Sperber has announced that rock superstar Eddie Van Halen will serve as an Honorary Race Official for the SUBWAY Fresh Fit 500 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series race at PIR on Saturday, April 21. As an Honorary Race Official, Van Halen will be part of pre-race activities and will join Sperber on the pre-race stage greeting drivers as they are introduced prior to the start of the race.
In addition to his duties as an Honorary Race Official, Van Halen will help to unveil a limited edition Fender Stratocaster Guitar as well as a limited edition EVH brand Frankenstein replica guitar at PIR on Friday, April 20. The Fender guitar, with its unique designs, will be presented to the winner of the SUBWAY Fresh Fit 500 on Saturday, April 21. The one-of-a-kind PIR Fender Stratocaster Guitar was built by Chris Fleming, Senior Master Builder, in Fender‘s Custom Shop.
“I’m personally delighted that Eddie Van Halen has accepted our invitation to join us as our Honorary Race Official for the SUBWAY Fresh Fit 500,” said Sperber. “There is no one who has had the kind of impact on music that he and his band — VAN HALEN — have had. I know it will be a thrill for the drivers and fans to have Eddie at Phoenix International Raceway for the NASCAR weekend.”
A 2007 inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Eddie Van Halen is the backbone of one of the most well-known rock and roll bands of all time — VAN HALEN. A legendary rock guitarist, Van Halen and EVH brand guitars, amps and musical products has partnered with the organization for this unique unveiling.
“I am honored on behalf of EVH brand guitars, amps and musical products to be invited to such an exciting and fun event. I feel privileged to be working with such amazing organizations like Phoenix International Raceway, their NASCAR event and Fender,” said Van Halen.
“Rock and roll, fast cars and guitars, I can’t think of a better combination. Fender is proud to partner with our friends, Eddie Van Halen and PIR, for this great occasion.” said Matt Janopaul, President & COO of Fender Musical Instruments Corp.
20 Years ago today, three 80’s Hard Rock Discs were in the Top Ten on The Billboard Charts.
Bon Jovi’s Slippery When Wet was # 3, Poison’s Look What the Cat Dragged In was # 6 and Europe’s The Final Countdown was # 10.
Here is the video for Bon Jovi’s big hit off of Slippery When Wet, You Give Love A Bad Name.
Check out one of the new Velvet Revolver track, “Let it Roll” from the up and coming disc, Libertad in the video below!
Butchering the Beatles has the biggest collection of 80’s Hard Rock Artists in one place since 1985’s Hear ‘n Aid.
Some of the songs work better than others, but what you basically get are some heavy versions of the Beatles‘ classic songs.
Some of the stand out tracks are Magical Mystery Tour, Day Tripper, I Feel Fine, Taxman and I Saw Her Standing There.
Usually, I hate discs with cover tunes, but I must admit that Butchering the Beatles is a guilty pleasure of mine. Each cut on this disc is a heaver version of the original classic, instead of faithful covers ala Shaw/Blades new disc, Influence. I get a charge out the the faster and harder versions of these tunes, and I bet this will appeal to a bunch of 80’s hard rock fans out there. This is way the cover tunes, SHOULD be done!
Check out the tracks below, and let me know what you think!
I Saw Here Standing There
Rating: Out of 10
1. “Hey Bulldog” – Alice Cooper, vocals; Steve Vai, guitars; Duff McKagen (Velvet Revolver / Guns N Roses), bass; Mikkey Dee (Motorhead), drums
2. “Back In The USSR” – Lemmy Kilmister (Motorhead), vocals/bass; John5 (Marilyn Manson / Rob Zombie), guitars; Eric Singer (Kiss / Alice Cooper), drums
3. “Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds” – Geoff Tate (Queensryche), vocals; Michael Wilton (Queensryche), guitar; Craig Goldy (Dio), guitar; Rudy Sarzo (Dio), bass; Simon Wright (Dio), drums; Scott Warren (Dio), keys
4. “Tomorrow Never Knows” – Billy Idol, vocals; Steve Stevens (Billy Idol), guitars; Blasko (Ozzy Osbourne), bass; Brian Tichy (Billy Idol), drums
5. “Magical Mystery Tour” – Jeff Scott Soto (Yngwie Malmsteen / Soul Sirkus), vocals; Yngwie Malmsteen (Rising Force / Alcatrazz), lead guitar; Bob Kulick, (Meat Loaf / Paul Stanley Band), rhythm guitar; Jeff Pilson (Dokken / Foreigner), bass; Frankie Banali (Wasp / Quiet Riot), drums
6. “Revolution” – Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top), vocals / guitar; Vivian Campbell (Def Leppard), guitar; Mike Porcaro (Toto), bass; Gregg Bisonnette (David Lee Roth / Ringo Starr Band), drums; Joseph Fazzio (Superjoint Ritual), drums
7. “Day Tripper” – Jack Blades (Night Ranger / Damn Yankees), vocals; Tommy Shaw (Styx / Damn Yankees), vocals; Doug Aldrich (Whitesnake / Dio), guitars; Marco Mendoza (Whitesnake / Thin Lizzy), bass; Virgil Donati (Steve Vai / Soul Sirkus / Planet X), drums
8. “I Feel Fine” – John Bush (Anthrax), vocals; Stephen Carpenter (Deftones), guitar; Mike Inez (Ozzy Osbourne / Alice In Chains), bass; John Tempesta (The Cult / Testament), drums
9. “Taxman” – Doug Pinnick (Kings X), vocals; Steve Lukather (Toto), guitar; Tony Levin (John Lennon / Peter Gabriel), bass; Steve Ferrone (Eric Clapton / Tom Petty), drums
10. “I Saw Her Standing There” – John Corabi (Motley Crue), vocals; Phil Campbell (Motorhead), guitar; C.C. Deville (Poison), guitar; Chris Chaney (Jane’s Addiction), bass; Kenny Aronoff (Smashing Pumpkins / Jon Bon Jovi), drums
11. “Hey Jude” – Tim “Ripper” Owens (Judas Priest / Iced Earth), vocals; George Lynch (Dokken / Lynch Mob), guitar; Bob Kulick (Meat Loaf / Paul Stanley Band), rhythm guitar; Tim Bogert (Vanilla Fudge / Beck / Bogert & Appice), bass; Chris Slade (AC/DC), drums
12. “Drive My Car” – Kip Winger (Winger), vocals; Bruce Kulick (Kiss / Grand Funk), guitar; Tony Franklin (The Firm / Whitesnake), bass; Aynsley Dunbar (Whitesnake / Journey), drums