In 2006, Twisted Sister released their Christmas Album, and now in 2007, the fine folks at Razor & Tie Records have released a Christmas Compilation CD with some of the biggest stars of the 80’s Hard Rock Era.
Monster Ballads XMas is a tasty feast of reworked Christmas classics, and a song with a unique twist from Danger Danger. Every song on this disc is highly enjoyable, at least until you get to Faster Pussycat’s Silent Night, which is awful.
If you need a disc to get you in the mood for the holiday season, this is the one to pick up. There are only 23 shopping days left before X-Mas. Don’t miss out on this record!
1. Jingle Bells – Skid Row
2. Happy Christmas (War Is Over) – Winger
3. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas – Jani Lane Of Warrant
4. I’ll Be Home for Christmas – Twisted Sister with Lita Ford
5. White Christmas – Queensryche
6. Run Rudolph Run – L.A. Guns
7. Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree – Firehouse
8. Naughty Naughty Christmas – Danger Danger
9. Blue Christmas – Tom Keifer of Cinderella
10. Jingle Bell Rock – Nelson
11. Silent Night – Faster Pussycat
12. Twelve Days of Christmas – Dokken
13. Happy Holiday – Enuff Z’Nuff
14. Winter Wonderland – Stryper
15. Christmas Love – Billy Idol
Recording sessions of the brand new HOUSE OF LORDS album “Come To My Kingdom” have been completed in Florida and mixing stages have started in the hands of Dennis Ward. The new album is a natural progression from “World Upside Down” and was entirely written by the band along with the “5th Lord” Jeff Kent. In the words of James Christian “We really had an amazing time with this new CD. I can’t remember when things flowed so easily in terms of writing and recording. I think when people hear the new record they will be able to tell immediately that this is a band with direction and vision”.
The songs were written from life experiences that cover a range of emotions. But one common thread flows throughout the record and that is finely crafted songs. “Jimi Bell, BJ Zampa and Chris McCarvil and Jeff Kent have been an absolute joy to work with” continues Christian, “They are my brothers and they share the same passion to write and perform Classic Rocks songs that will stand the test of time”. “Come To My Kingdom” is classic House Of Lords with all the trademarks that captured the band so many fans in the early days.
Rome, Italy’s ENEMYNSIDE has signed with Sleaszy Rider Records from Greece, and their second album “In the Middle of Nowhere” will be out soon. ENEMYNSIDE sounds like a mix of Metallica, The Haunted and Machine Head.
The video below, Your Enemy Inside is for the band’s debut release from 2005, called Let The Madness Begin.