ZippoEncore.com is newest connection for lighters and music
Hold your lighter high and get ready to rock at ZippoEncore.com. The site celebrates the lighter’s longstanding connection with rock music. Since the late 70s, the Zippo pocket lighter has been the ultimate accessory for making a bold statement in music. In fact, the sea of flames cascading across an arena from the chimneys of Zippo lighters has been coined the Zippo Encore Moment.
The new site, created in partnership with Rolling Stone Magazine, features exclusive content including two rising acts selected by the magazine. Shinedown is the first band to appear on the site with four original music videos and a free, never-before-heard downloadable track. A second up-and-coming band will be introduced later this summer.
ZippoEncore.com also gives visitors the ability to interact on the site by creating their own unique rock-and-roll avatar. By scrolling through distinct body types and Zippo lighters, users marry the two with the chosen lighter serving as an avatar’s head. Once the avatar is complete, it will dance and follow the visitors through the site. The avatar can be shared with friends, used as a profile pic on a social network or purchased by clicking the “buy lighter” button.
Additional content includes:
- Backstage area including Shinedown photo gallery, bios, exclusive interviews and band member playlists.
- Download section containing cell phone wallpaper, screensavers, desktop wallpapers and Windows skins.
- Tours and Events section with information about “Zippo Live”- a Zippo sponsorship at Live Nation music venues.
- Message boards.
- Artist’s blog.
- Catalog of rock-themed Zippo pocket lighters, linked to the Zippo online store.
- Debut of two Harley-Davidson lighters exclusively available via this site.
- Chance to win a Harley-Davidson Sportster Iron 883 Motorcycle (sorry employees are not eligible).
From inspiring rock legends to bringing fans exclusive music from their favorite artists, the Zippo lighter’s storied history with music continues to write new chapters.