KISKE/SOMERVILLE, the new project featuring former HELLOWEEN vocalist Michael Kiske and American singer Amanda Somerville, filmed two videos — “Silence” and “If I Had A Wish” — on March 28 and March 29 in Nurnberg, Germany. Joining Kiske and Somerville for the shoot were bassist and main composer Mat Sinner (SINNER, PRIMAL FEAR), guitarist Sander Gommans (AFTER FOREVER, HDK), drummer Rami Ali and keyboardist Jimmy Kresic (VOODOO CIRCLE). The clips were directed by Martin Mueller of RCN TV who previously helmed U.D.O.‘s “Black and White” and “Mean Streets” and GOTTHARD‘s “The Call” videos.
Check out behind-the-scenes footage from the video shoot below :
The KISKE/SOMERVILLE debut album is scheduled for release in September. A digital single, “Silence”, will be launched in late august before the release of the full album.
Commented Mat Sinner: “The first video clip is for ther song and first single of the album, ‘Silence’, and was shot at the Opera House. The second video clip was shot for the song ‘If I Had A Wish’ in an old and closed public bath. Hard job for all of us, but we had a fantastic time!”
The songs that will end up on the album (not final sequence; composers for each track listed in parenthesis) are:
01. Nothing Left To Say (Mat Sinner & Magnus Karlsson)
02. Silence (Mat Sinner & Magnus Karlsson)
03. If I Had A Wish (Mat Sinner & Magnus Karlsson)
04. One Night Burning (Mat Sinner & Magnus Karlsson)
05. Arise (Sander Gommans & Amanda Somerville)
06. End Of The Road (Mat Sinner & Jimmy Kresic)
07. Don’t Walk Away (Mat Sinner & Magnus Karlsson)
08. Devil In Her Heart (Mat Sinner & Jimmy Kresic)
09. Rain (Mat Sinner & Magnus Karlsson)
10. A Thousand Suns (Sander Gommans & Amanda Somerville)
11. Second Chance (Mat Sinner & Magnus Karlsson)
12. Set A Fire (Sander Gommans & Amanda Somerville)
Somerville is the American singer-songwriter and vocal coach who was tapped to replace EPICA vocalist Simone Simons on the band’s North American tour with SYMPHONY X due to Simons‘ health issues. Amanda was also featured on KAMELOT‘s latest release, “Ghost Opera”, and toured with AVANTASIA. She released her solo album, “Windows”, in 2008. A Michigan native, Amanda has resided and worked mainly in Germany and the Netherlands since 1999. She has collaborated with several other bands in the metal scene along with producers Sascha Paeth and Miro, and co-wrote the rock opera “Aina”. Her own music is of the pop-rock genre.